IMPORTANT - Visa Application Information
Hungary is a member of Schengen Area, so visas and residence permits issued by one of the Schengen Member States are also valid for Hungary (visas/residence permits issued by Hungarian authorities - as a general rule - are also valid for the entire Schengen Area).
Citizens of countries/entities listed in the 539/2001/EC council regulation Annex II. (“positive list”) may travel to Hungary without visa: • Albania (only holders of biometric passports) • Andorra • Antigua and Barbuda • Argentina • Australia • Bahamas • Barbados • Bosnia and Herzegovina (only holders of biometric passports) • Brazil • British nationals (overseas) • Brunei Darussalam • Canada • Chile • Costa Rica • Croatia, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (holders of biometric passports) • Guatemala • Holy See • Honduras • Hong Kong (holders of a “Hong Kong Special Administrative Region” passport) • Israel • Japan • Macao (holders of a “Regiao Administrativa Especial de Macau” passport) • Malaysia • Mauritius • Mexico • Moldova (only holders of biometric passports) • Monaco • Montenegro (holders of biometric passport) • New Zealand • Nicaragua • Panama • Paraguay • Salvador • San Marino • Serbia (holders of biometric passports) • Seychelles • Singapore • South Korea • Saint Kitts and Nevis • Taiwan (the exemption from the visa requirement applies only to holders of passports issued by Taiwan which include an identity card number) • United States of America • Uruguay • Venezuela
If your country is not on the list above, please make sure to get your visa as soon as possible!
The process to get your visa:
1. (If you haven't done it yet) register your team to the Promis Online Registration System: http://wcup2016.pztkd.lublin.pl/registration.php
2. After registration, write an e-mail to the Organizing Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask for an Official Invitation with the following data:
- Team name
- Name and title of the Team leader (or the person, who will be addressed in the invitation)
- All participants (competitors, coaches, supporters, VIPs, parents, spectators, etc.) first name, last name, date of birth, passport number, passport expiry date.
3. Search for the closest Consulate or Embassy of a Schengen state and ask for an appointment.
4. Fill out the Application form for Shengen Visa (pdf, 100KB) for every participant separately and take it to the Consulate or Embassy in your country. Do not forget to attach the Official Invitation.
5. Organizing Committee may send the Official Invitation to the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, who will help you to get your visa.
Hungarian Consular Service - you can find a lot of useful information:
Please note that processing visa takes time! Organizing Committee will not be able to help with new visa requests after 23rd September, because after this date there is no chance to get your visa in time.